Sunday, November 3, 2013

Eithna 2nd Alphabet

At last I have made a start on my 2nd alphabet. I had many ideas but no work and lots of excuses. But this week my stars must be aligned or perhaps it is the combination of stormy weather that I can't be bothered to brave the elements, or that I'm still buzzing after my sumi-e course in Westdean, as well as our t.v. is broken so all that means I'm catching up with my "to do" list and the A.L.A.W. was at the very top 
I cut pages from my sketch book (maybe a hint of desperation here) to see what random images would appear. I rubber stamped the letters with red ink to duplicate the stamp used in Japanese ink painting and so my 2nd alphabet began.




  Apologies for the poor quality photos I will post some more of them when I have better images.

6 comments:

  1. Oh... C'est une superbe idée que de découper des éléments dans un tout... Cela donne des compositions très intéressantes... et cela fait travailler le regard pour trouver "la" bonne partie... ;)
    ce sont des beaux éléments.
    - - - - - - -
    Oh ... It's a great idea to cut items in a while ... This gives very interesting compositions ... and it makes the work look to find "the" right part ... ;)
    These are beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely. I think, like Callie, a much better composition than if you had set out to create the look on each individual one.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work. Looks a bit Asian inspired?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh!!! Just re-read your blog where you are talking about the Japanese influence . Still.... your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really elegant Eithna - the random remnants plus the touch of a red stamp - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it's always great to hear from folk.