Monday, January 21, 2013

STARTING WITH PEACE


Almost the end of January and I'm still playing with ideas!
But to prove I am "working" here is a scrap of paper with some jottings for my "peace" alphabet.

Obviously, there are far more than 26 languages so I had to make a selection! If you enter the word peace into a translator you will find that quite a few languages have very loooong words!Another selection process.

This is still in its evolutionary stages, but I think I know where I'm going.


And the other alphabet? Still making decisions there, too, but I think I will work on "Peace
 first.
Di.

7 comments:

  1. A lovely idea, using different languages. I look forward to seeing how you represent them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di - I love the languages of peace - it's a great reminder that everybody recognises peace, has a word for it so we can't pretend we don't understand the notion. Happy exploring! And I do like fred.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In case you're interested, the Greek word for Peace is ΕΙΡΗΝΗ (lowercase: ειρηνη). No barriers to peace, no lack of understanding, unity through comprehension. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone. Yes, Fred is a lovely chap! I may need to find a way to work phonetics into my words.
    Thank you for your Greek, Ersi. It's in my list, but just out of frame in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy this stage of playing around with ways to create your international language of peace...I think it's so much fun to daydream and experiment before committing. Now that you have identified a theme, you're on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really interesting idea that could potentially take you to some wonderful places - way beyond a letter a week! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it's always great to hear from folk.